We've gathered a few of our favorite startups who have create great tools for you as you improve yourself inside and out. Here's to greater health and success in 2015:
There is a price to being an entrepreneur or working in a startup. The emotional tax of all the pressure and decisions can wear down your mental and physical health. You are so connected to everything in your business that it can't help but feel personal. The best way to plan for the demand your work will have on you is to go into 2015 prepared. These apps can help with that.
"Vint´s vision is to create a healthier, stronger world - not only physically but also on a mental level. The mission on how this will happen is to enable personal workouts for everyone.
Talk about improving someones life?!" - Louise Eriksson, Co-Founder/CEO
What they do:
"We’ve handpicked and qualified a whole bunch of awesome athletes that offer private and small group sessions to give you and your friends the techniques and motivation you need – without spending a fortune. Find your instructor, have fun and make new friends!"
From their app description in itunes
"Lifesum is like the celebrity entourage of health people guiding the superstar through their day – but does not require millions in the bank account. The app helps you to make better food choices, improve your exercise and reach your health goals, whatever they are.
1) Create your health profile and set your goal. Tell us what you want!
2) Track what you eat with the built-in barcode scanner or search. The Lifesum database contains millions of items with complete nutritional values. The app also remembers what you eat to help you track super fast.
3) Track your exercise by choosing activity form and duration. If you have an Iphone 5S the app can track all your movement using technology inside your phone. Lifesum is also connected to activity monitor apps like Runkeeper and Moves to automatically help you measure your activity.
4) Use the Life circle to follow your tracking and let it guide you every day. When your Life circle turns green you have had a good day.
5) Follow your progress towards your goal with charts and summaries. Get healthier and happier.
“Of course people's life views, paces and challenges vary. But the truth is that the benefits of mindfulness are almost boundless - relationships, sleep, health. Hopefully everyone is able to get their own unique benefits from their mindfulness practice. As for 2015, I haven't really got that far yet, I'm just staying focussed on the present moment :). But, as always our mission remains to improve the health and happiness of the world ”- Andy Puddicombe, Co-Founder of www.headspace.com
4. Sleep cycle
From their app description in itunes
"An intelligent alarm clock that analyzes your sleep and wakes you in the lightest sleep phase – the natural way to wake up feeling rested and relaxed."
And really, you must be curious with reviews like this
“The result is so gentle and lovely it feels like being woken up by a mermaid stoking your hair or a unicorn nuzzling your toes.” - theguardian
"MoodKit will allow users around the globe, who may not otherwise have access, the opportunity to improve their mood and well-being by placing at their fingertips some of the core principles and techniques found in professional psychotherapy."
Be your best with Lift, an app that helps you put your goals into action.
Choose what inspires you from our expert-led plans and community habits, or add a custom goal of your own.
Record and celebrate progress with our easy check-in system.
Stay on track with peer coaching, encouragement from friends, and optional reminders.
With Lift, you can...
For more visit http://blog.lift.do.
So what is most important to improve for you this coming year? Tell us in the comments and let us know if these apps work well for you.